The good The Huawei P30 has a beautiful design, an ideal size, an OLED screen with good resolution, a fingerprint sensor on the screen, a headphone port and three cameras with a wide-angle sensor and a telephoto camera.
The bad The P30 is not water resistant, has no wireless charge, nor reversible and does not have secure face recognition.
Conclusion [First impressions] The Huawei P30 could be a great cell phone, but its specifications are far below those of the P30, and that makes the Galaxy S10 is presented as a superior rival. We will have to try it in order to have a better impression of this cell phone.
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM IT?
The Huawei P30 has a glass back shell that comes in up to five different colors with very different gradients. The black color is the most common of all, although the white is pearled and gives colors, there are two shades of blue and one of red with orange that seems the most revolutionary of all. Although the design is beautiful, it maintains what we saw in the Huawei P20 last year, so we do not find so many novelties beyond new tones. Something you should know is that while it is true that this cell phone has an OLED screen, it is flat and not curved, as dictated by the fashion of high-end cell phones.
Differences between Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro:
- The Huawei P30 Pro has a curved and larger screen, of 6.47 inches.The Huawei
- P30 Pro has wireless and reversible charging.
- The battery of the P30 Pro is higher, 4,200mAh vs. the 3,650mAh of the Huawei P30.
- The Huawei P30 has a hearing aid port, the largest version does not.
- The P30 has no resistance to water, the Pro itself.
- The Huawei P30 has 6GB of RAM, and the Pro 8GB.
- The Huawei P30 only comes in a 128GB version, the superior version in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB.
- The Huawei P30 has 3x optical zoom, and the largest 5x.
Huawei P30 camera:
The camera of the Huawei P30 has a main sensor of 40 megapixels with aperture of f / 1.8, a wide-angle sensor of 16 megapixels f / 2.2 and a telephoto of 8 megapixels with f / 2.4 and system of image optimization. This cell phone has 3x optical zoom and 10x hybrid.
The company has added new filter modes to the software for both cameras. This cell phone no longer has a monochromatic sensor, but a wide angle camera that allows you to take photos in which more objects and people can enter. The company also said that it added an image optimization system to the videos to be much more stable, as well as filters within them.
The company said that the night mode is maintained and that it has improved thanks to the advances implemented in artificial intelligence. We will have to test the camera of this cell phone to be able to give you more comments.
Features: Huawei P30:
- Display: 6.1 inches (flat OLED), 2,340×1,080 pixels
- Processor: 2.6GHz Kirin 980 (eight cores)
- Storage: 128GB, expandable by NM from Huawei
- RAM: 6GB
- Main camera: 40 megapixels (f / 1.8) + 16 megapixels (f / 2.2) + 8 megapixels
- (f / 2.4 with OIS)
- Front camera: 32 megapixels (f / 2.0)
- Battery: 3,650mAh. No wireless charging or reverse charging
- Connectivity: 4G / LTE, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- Water resistance: No
- Fingerprint reader: Yes, optical screen on the bottom
- Face recognition: Yes, 2D: it is not the safest and is not used for banking or payment operations.
- Connector for hearing aids: Yes, traditional 3.5 mm.